Hi! Today I will be sharing to you about a propolis product from a Korean brand called Elujai, they are quite new-ish from what I can tell, but they have a high-end feel to their products. I have four of their products, two of them are sets, I’ll hold a poll on my Instagram so you can vote for what product from the remaining lot you wish for me to give a full and detailed review on, but right now let’s focus on this specific product. 🙂
- Lightens pimple marks, hyperpigmentation.
- Skin repair.
- Pimple treatment.
- Skin brightening and whitening.
- Corrects uneven skin tone.
It smells oddly nice. It reminds me of those colored hair gels from when I was a kid. It has this faint floral and refreshing smell.
Thick, almost colorless liquid.
It comes in a 15mL amber glass bottle with a glass dropper.
- I appreciate the amber glass and dropper packaging.
- I really like that nostalgic smell.
- A small drop is enough to cover my chin where I initally used it to test the product out since I heard that it has a purging effect.
- It is very easy to apply. It isn’t sticky at all.
- It also has a cooling sensation.
- At first, it has this tingly sensation and then after a few seconds that goes away.
- After the second use there was no tingly sensation anymore.
- The smaller pimples that came out from day 3 dried out after a day.
- The cluster of pimples on my chin is starting to dry out.
- It doesn’t dry out my skin which I really appreciate since it dried out pimples.
- I started using it on my entire face and smaller pimples came out but it dried up the next day.
- It gives my skin a glow.
- I like that it pushes the pimple out and it dries it up.
- 15mL is already its full size. I think that it’s nice because it’s tiny and travel friendly kinda.
- Smaller pimples have come to head after 3 days.
- It has no neck piece that keeps the dropper in place and to scrape the sides of it to remove excess product so it can be a bit messy and the pipette would be facing one side today and might be straight the next.
- It did not lighten acne marks and pigmentation.
- On the second week of using this my skin keeps having small pimples and bigger ones that are painful. As a test I stopped using it and the next day my skin started clearing up from pimples. So I am very confused about this because it also dries out my pimples after a couple of days.
I use this in the pimole treatment part of my skin care routine after using toner during the AM and PM routines.
I place a small drop on the area where there is a pimple present. In my case, my entire face. 😆
- Patch test on a small area to see if your skin would be okay with it
- Use small amounts.
- Add another layer on the site of the pimple if you need to.
- Use it only where you need it.
At first, it was great that it had been drying out pimples and all, but then on the second week my skin started spazzing and rejecting the product which at first I thought ig was just purging but then it got worse and worse and by the end of one month after giving it another chance prior to the initial 2 weeks, my skin was a mess. I had huge and clustered pimples everywhere. So I stopped using it again and viola! pimples were starting to stop popping up. I loved the product, but it wasn’t loved by my skin so this is a huge pass for me. I guess the concentration of the propolis was too high.
What do you think of the product? And have you tried it or want to try it? What’s your favorite propolis product?
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
More acne fighters!
- NACIFIC Fresh Herbal Origin Serum
- Comparison Between Fresh Herb Serums
- Quick Rev: Cosrx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-sol
- Chica-Y-Chico Beta Salic 2.0 Plus