Hi! Have you ever had pimples that you don’t wanna touch or you need to put on makeup but you don’t wanna irritate that zit that just popped up? Well, as part of Althea Korea’s brand new makeup line, they also released a gel that not only care and soothes those annoying zits, but also covers them and protects them from external irritants so we can freely put makeup on top of them!
Another spot? Banish it like magic with Althea’s Skin Relief Spot Film Gel! This zit-zapping treatment is a revolutionary formula that applies thinly onto the skin before drying down to a smooth canvas, protecting the area and allowing for makeup to be applied on without a trace! It contains tea tree oil to quickly and effectively treat acne, while a mix of Centella and pine leaf extracts calm redness, treating acne while you’re out and about. Say bye-bye to bulky, unsightly pimple patches and hello to flawless skin!
Smells like glue and tea tree.
Sticky gel texture.
It is packaged in a plastic squeezy tube with a round plastic applicator.
Tea Tree oil
Centella asiatica extract
Pine leaf extract
- The packaging makes it easy to use.
- Only a small amount is needed.
- It has a cooling sensation.
- Even though it has tea tree in it, it did not cause any irritations or discomfort on my skin.
- It is a clear, sticky gel that is easy to apply.
- It dries out clear and unoticable.
- It sticks closely to the skin.
- Super fast drying time.
- Using concealer and cushion foundation over it, it does not ball up or rub off which I really love about it.
- There was some sensation on my pimple, but it stopped after a minute.
- As an overnight treatment, this product stayed in place, it did not lift on the side nor did the skin underneath produce excess oil. Even when I woke up sweating it didn’t budge at all and helped heal my nose skin significantly which amazed me.
- It comes off stiff and very much looking and feeling like dry flakey skin, on one hand I appreciate that, but for people who has dry flakey skin they might et confused if it is the film gel or it’s their skin.
- My skin has been so dry lately that even if I apply hydratig creams and serums it still leaves the top layers of my skin tight and dry and using this is not a good idea as it starts peeling off the sides.
After I apply cream I use this on places with pimples or places where I scratched up my skin badly.
Squeezing out small amounts, I apply directly to the pimple area and spreading it gently making a thin, clear layer on and around the inflammed area.
- Use small amounts.
- Do not rub hard, it isn’t gonna do anything and it won’t help.
- Make sure to properly hydrate your skin if you plan on using this under makeup.
- Do not mist the area even after makeup application, it will dissolve it and it’s not going to look pretty. Like that on the picture lol.
- For overnight treatment or for whenever, even if you don’t put makeup on, use the product on clean skin and peel off whenever you are ready or the morning after before washing your face.
You can purchase it here 🙂 https://ph.althea.kr/skin-relief-spot-film-gel (this is not a referal link, just the link where you can get it ❤ )
And you can use my referal link to get 20% OFF from your first order.
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
Disclaimer: This product is gifted to me, but all thoughts and opinions are honest, unbiased, and are my own.
More Althea Mania:
- My very first makeup tutorial featuring Althea Makeup.
- Althea x Titi Kamal Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist.
- Althea Petal Velvet Powder Pink Lavender.
- Althea Petal Velvet Sunaway.