Hi! How has your January been so far? I mean it feels like it just started yesterday, but then its already halfway through the first month of 2019..wth right?! Anyway, today is sort of Serum Saturday. Sort of – because the product for this Saturday is a cleanser!
Althea Korea has released their very first cleanser that also acts like a serum which is a very interesting product to me since it can be used as an oil cleanser, as a makeup remover, and a skin care product that acts just like that of a serum.
Combine the powers of a cleanser and serum with Althea’s Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser! This beauty superhero whisks away makeup, dirt, and oil with mint extracts while ensuring the skin stays cool and hydrated throughout thanks to a dual moisture cell system that envelopes the skin in a serum-like formula. It prevents the skin from drying out and effectively minimizes enlarged pores, keeping it smooth to the touch. This product also helps to balance the pH levels of the skin to keep it working in tip-top shape! Best of all, it’s gentle on the face and suitable even for those of us with sensitive skins.
It has almost no smell to it. There is a very faint refreshing minty smell and a faint smell of coconut oil.
It comes in a see through plastic bottle and a white cap.
- First of all, it has a safety seal!
- Even though the bottle is made out of plastic, it does not feel flimsy.
- The smell is seriously barely there.
- I first used it as a cleansing oil and it was like I was only applying water on my skin while it gives this refreshing kind of feeling not a punch of mint, super cool feeling.
- It did not cause any irritations specially on my pimples.
- Effectively removed my sunblock without remaining residue.
- It left my skin feeling so soft and moisturized.
- It did not clog my large pores.
- It considerably shrunk my enlarged pores on the cheek area.
- It gently removed excess sebum from my skin without drying out my skin which is great.
- I think that this has helped the oil – water balance of my skin. I have noticed that my nose does not produce excess oil anymore and on my cheek area it does not feel so tight as much as it used too even when I use hydrating creams.
- As a makeup remover it did its job well. It removed my cushion foundation, lumi primer and lipstick too.
- I just noticed that it gives the skin a glow.
- I needed around three to four palmfulls of this to remove makeup.
- It did a great job with removing eye makeup but it also stings a lot as it has a tendency to get in the eye.
- The cap does not seem to lock itself really well, it leaked so I wouldn’t be able to take it with me during holidays 😫
- Does not really help with blackhead removal.
HOW TO BY ALTHEA:
To remove makeup:
Step 1: Pour an adequate amount of the product onto the palm of your hand.
Step 2: Massage the product all over your skin in circular motions to remove dirt and makeup.
Step 3: Rinse off the residue with water. You may also use a second cleanser to completely remove any residue.
To cleanse the skin:
Step 1: Dampen the skin and apply an adequate amount of the product onto the palm of your hand.
Step 2: Gently massage the product all over your skin in circular motions for 5-10 seconds before rinsing it off with water.
I use this as an oil cleanser or a makeup remover.
After shaking, I pour some product on my palm and use that to massage onto my skin.
For extra care and full cleansing I use a teeny tiny amount of facial cleanser after rinsing off the pore serum cleanser.
- To remove makeup, dispense product on the palm and massage it on the skin gently. Don’t rub. Massage it on for several seconds then wash it off with water. Use a small amount of facial foam to make sure everything is clean.
- I recommend to massage it in a little longer when using as a skin cleanser. I find that this way it removed even those whiteheads. This way, you’re also giving your skin a facial massage!
- Don’t forget to use circular motions!
- I suggest to decant this since it leaks when it’s sideways.
- For eye makeup removal take a cotton pad and soak it with the product and use that to wipe off eye makeup.
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
Disclaimer: This product is gifted to me, but all thoughts and opinions are honest, unbiased, and are my own.
More Althea Mania:
- Althea x Titi Kamal Stay Fresh Body Sparkling Mist.
- Althea Milk Peel Cream Mask.
- Althea Exclusive: Real Fresh Skin Detoxers.
- Althea Birthday haul.