Hi! Happy New Year! To start the new year, let’s talk gold 😉 Today will be about this luxurious face mask from Piolang. It is infused with gold which have been used in many different skin care products around the world and I am very excited to use a gold face mask. Gold has many benefits for the skin including promoting blood circulation, wrinkle improvement, and promoting collagen production. Even though gold is used in skin care products I just want to remind you that it’s not a good idea to ingest gold. Just saying.
Anyway, today’s review will include two of my siblings, we all have different skin types, but we all are suffering from pimples hehe. Let’s get in to the review!
This gorgeous mask contains 99% pure gold to exfoliate dead skin cells, brighten and improve the elasticity of the skin, giving you a youthful glow worthy of a princess. It’s also made with moisturizing ingredients that prevent flakey dry skin, so you’ll be left with supple, smooth skin.
Smells like gold dust.
Thick yet very runny.
It’s packaged in a thick black glass tub with an inner plastic lid.
- I like the luxurious feeling packaging and that inner lid really helps the product stay inside the tub.
- Since I don’t have a silicone spatula we used the included spatula and it did help but it took a little longer to apply.
- If you have ever smelled gold dust before that’s how it smells like. But if not, I can say that it has a faint powder floral smell and freshly produced bond paper haha. I love it though.
- Once it sticks to the skin it’s not going anywhere unless it’s fully dry or you put on too much.
- It feels cold on the skin.
- It feels so silky. Like it glides on the skin.
- Happy to report that it did not cause any irritations even on the pimples and it did not cause any breakouts.
- It gives the skin a soft focused look.
- It does not break down even when sweating which is a huge plus.
- No dry patches left on my face after using this.
- After using this face mask my skin looks like it has a glow.
- My pores look tighter than it was.
- The 80mL lasted for 20 times of usage. It’s not so bad I think.
- My mom said: I looked closely at your brother’s skin and it looks refined texturewise. (After I told my mom we were having fun with it that’s why she couldn’t find us.)
- Immediate effects: ✅skin brightening, ✅ softer skin, ✅considerably plumper skin, ✅less saggy cheeks.
- Long term effects: ✅ lighter skin tone by one shade, ✅ definitely softer skin, ✅ less dull and tired looking skin, ✅ significantly plumper skin specially on the cheek area.
- The consistency is thick yet very runny which makes it easy to spread yet hard to apply specially if you don’t have a silicone spatula.
- It is very easy to remove if all of the parts are fully dry. If not, you will end up with a mess like we have. Either way no pain is felt when removing.
- It’s a so-so when it comes to whitehead removal.
- It doesn’t remove blackheads.
- I got it on my hair because we were on the rooftop when we used this for better lighting and it was windy. It’s so darn hard to remove it from the hair. I had to wash my hair.
- The deeper layers of my skin didn’t feel moisturized at all.
- It smells nice.
- It feels cold on the skin.
- It brightened my skin.
- My acne scars looks a lot less deeper compared to before using the product.
- No irritations even on the pimples.
- It made the acne scars look lighter.
- My skin feels very soft after using.
- My skin looks a lot brighter than before using this.
- My enlarged pores seems to look smaller.
- Very hard to apply it drips so easily.
- It did not remove blackheads and whiteheads.
- It feels cold on my skin.
- It has no smell when applying but I can smell something nice when removing the mask.
- This is my first mask.
- It doesn’t feel itchy and it does not hurt.
- It feels like putting on paint on my face haha!
- My face feels so soft.
- They said my face looks lighter compared to before.
- It feels uncomfortable when it’s fully dried.
- It did not remove my blackheads and whiteheads.
After cleansing tha face.
Using a silicone spatula or the plastic spatula that comes with it, I take some of the product and spread it on the skin starting from the center of the face.
- Keep your hair in a towel or use those cleansing headbands to prevent mess. It’s hard to remove it from hair.
- Sometimes it takes more than 20 minutes before it dries completely so try not to apply a thick layer.
- Wipe off the remaining mask with a wet towel.
- Apply a hydrating cream after.
It was really fun using this product specially because of the effect that it gives on the skin and it looked like we had gold foil on our faces my brother had a lot of laughs.
Sadly this didn’t do anything in terms of whiteheads and blackheads for all three of us. But we all decided that it is a great product to brighten the skin, make the skin look better in terms of texture and make it look less dull.
My mom has matured skin and somewhat oily. She loves it since it gibes her skin a lit from within kind of glow but is sad that we only have one tub of the the product lol! If you want to check out the product you can head over here 👉 https://ph.althea.kr/piolang-24k-gold-wrapping-mask it’s not an affiliate link just a link where you can purchase it. 😊
Have you tried out this product? What are your thoughts about gold masks?
My Skin Type:
Combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
Angel’s Skin Type:
Oily skin type, acne-prone (cystic and clusters), and very sensitive skin, has bad acne problems, enlarged pores, excessive sebum, dry flakes here and there, uneven skin tone, acne scars and mark, redness.
Gab’s Skin Type:
Combination skin type, mostly dry and flakey, very oily nose, enlarged pores, some hormonal teenage pimples, and whiteheads.