Hi there! Recently, Althea Korea released another product of their own called Milk Peel Cream Mask. I was so excited when I learned about this product because I have never tried a bubble mask before.
Quick note: if you don’t know yet, Althea Korea is a company that caters authentic Korean skin care and they have been releasing their own range of products now too! They ship worldwide and they have a great selection of brands that they carry. So, now let’s jump to the review, yeah? 😊
An exfoliating mask that transforms from a clay texture to a whipped cream lather
Contains milk protein extract to moisturize and revitalize
Formulated with AHA & BHA to gently but effectively remove dead skin cells
It smells nice. Half milk half clay mask smell. Half and half lol. Sorry.
The texture is the same with a clay mask.
It comes in a white tube with a blue pump.
- I appreciate the packaging as it’s easy to hold and dispense product.
- One full pump is all I need for my entire face.
- At first, one pump would look like it isn’t enough but once I started to spread it and massage it in, it was enough so that’s really great.
- It smells more like baby powder than milk after usage.
- It contains casein. Good for the skin.
- It is easy to spread.
- It doesn’t pull on the skin.
- It’s so mild it doesn’t make my skin feel itchy.
- For me, the amount of bubbles that came out of it was enough. Nothing too dramatic which I appreciate since I don’t want any foam in my eyes and mouth.
- The bubbles weren’t foam like, it was more like a whipped cream. Like a fluffy merengue.
- The first time I used it I forgot I had just popped a pimple and that hurt a lot, but other than that it didn’t have any adverse reactions on my skin.
- Once the product had been massaged in the bubbles start to appear regardless of the amount of time and pressure of the motion.
- After first use I can see that my skin looked smoother than it was before use and I didn’t use any face cleanser before using the milk peel (not recommended to do).
- When I used it after my facial cleanser it left my skin feeling like a baby’s bum, so soft and smooth.
- My skin looks less dull after a couple of usage. That’s very nice.
- It did a good job with blackhead removal.
- Yes on pore tightening specially on the cheek area. I can tell that it really tightens my pores.
- Since it contains BHA and AHA it is helping dry out my stubborn pimples.
- It brightens my complexion after usage.
- After using this, I use my toning pad and I can see that it picks up more debris, for the lack of a better word, than it would normally do specially on the parts where I have pore blockage.
- It helps get rid of my flakey dry parts specially the ones from drying pimples. It slowly and gently sloughs them off without irritating the newly formed layer of epidermis.
- A happy surprise is that it helped my t-zone produce less excess oil.
- It pushes out whiteheads. That’s pretty cool.
- The more I use it, the more my skin feel and look so soft, smoother and moisturized.
- The camera isn’t picking it up, but I can see using my mirror that it lessened my comedones on the sides of my nose! Finally yay! Slowly but surely.
- I noticed that it has a cooling effect on the top layer of the skin. It feels soothing.
- I’m not sure why I did this but I tried using it on my face with some left over makeup on and it didn’t work, it doesn’t claim that it would and it isn’t recommended for that and I do not recommend doing that, so I put it on neutral ground in case someone needs that info.
- It does not help with fading acne scars but it does not also irritate them. It just clean them and let them be. If it does I will update you guys.
- After rinsing my face with warm water my skin felt so tight and dry. This happened for the first 2 times that I have used the product.
- The pump does not seem to get the product going. I kept this in the box for safe keeping and it was upside down for a while, when I finally used it the pump would dispense a bit then just air then would dispense some again so it’s good to note to keep the bottle upright or give it a good tap on the bottom 😆 before using.
I use this after facial wash while my skin is still damp.
I apply it on parts of my face then spreading it while massaging it in circular motion. After a minute I rinse my face with warm water.
- Do not apply on broken skin it will hurt.
- Use a moisturizing cream after.
- Do not apply near or on the eye and lip areas.
- Do not use another product that contains BHA or AHA it might cause more problems.
- As it is a peel mask, I suggest not to use it daily as it might cause problems.
- Highly recommended to rinse with warm water. I found out that rinsing twice will prevent the drying feeling.
I love the product. Would I recommend this? Yes I would. It’s travel friendly, it’s easy to handle and use, and it delivered its promises and to top it off I finally found a product that is helping remove my comedones. Although for the first two times of usage it left my skin so dry and tight, but after more usage of it my skin feels more moisturized.
A shoutout to Althea for sending this awesome product my way, thank you so much guys don’t stop making this product. Please make a foundation next yeah? Haha.
What do you think about this product? Any thoughts? Tips? Don’t be shy and let us know down the comments section! 💙
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, large pores, redness, and dehydrated skin.
Disclaimer: This product is gifted to me, but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.
More Althea Mania:
- Althea 2017 haul.
- I am now an Althea Angel!
- Althea Exclusive: Real Fresh Skin Detoxers.
- Althea Birthday haul.
- Althea Exclusive: Petal Velvet Powder Pink Lavender.
- Althea Exclusive: Petal Velvet Sunaway.