Today is about a primer that I have been wanting to get my hands on for about a year and some months now haha! It’s expensive for me so I didn’t really get the chance to, but I got it during my Althea Birthday Haul! It was the first thing I added to my cart 😆 what is it? It’s VDL of course!
VDL is a Korean Brand that focuses on giving the skin a luminous, fresh, and just overall beautiful look.
1. Voluminous face injected with light
– Violet Lumilayer Pigment, made by combining skin-brightening red light and blue light for clean and clear skin, creates an intensity that illuminates the face and highlights features.
2. Radiance that lasts all day
– Gently illuminates the face to make skin tone look brilliant all day long.
Smells like floral hair conditioner.
Cream to liquid texture.
It’s packaged in a white holographic glass bottle with a dulled chrome plastic cap and a pump.
- The packing is beautiful.
- The floral hair conditioner smell isn’t strong and it dissipates after application.
- It’s very easy to spread.
- It does not ball up. Highly blendable.
- It melts on the skin.
- Instantly made my skin look shiny and bouncy and just generally healthy.
- The “layering of lights” of the technology used gave a tone-up effect of the skin but very subtle and natural looking.
- It has a blurring effect.
- The claims of “illuminates the face to make skin tone brillant all day long” is very true in my opinion. I just loved how my skin looked like even when it didn’t help tone down the red pimple marks on my face.
- It does not fade easily or just disappear when it comes in contact with things. After all the sweat it’s still there at the end of the day. And the brightening effect is consistent.
- Fairly quick drying time.
- Mixed with Bourjois foundation it lightened the foundation half a shade.
- Slighty moisturised my skin. Only slightly.
- The glass bottle is quite heavy and thick so it’s a little hard to travel with. But this is also good, for the price the packaging is good.
- Used alone – it has this spotlight effect which is great, but can look weird because of the red acne marks on my skin and the deeper tone of my sunburnt face.
- When used alone or with a setting powder – It transfers like crazy! For example, when I rest my cheek on my palm then I look at it, it looks like I have been handling and playing with highlighter dust. (This is after all the sweating and blotting)
- There were specks of shimmer. That surprised me. I think I was expecting like pearlecent. I don’t know. But they are teeny tiny and I didn’t feel them at all and there were only a couple visible on my skin.
- Even though it transfered it did not completely left the skin.
- I tried to mix this with my Bourjois foundation and it gave it more glow and helped it adhere to my skin better but there’s still a lot of transferance.
- I used a cushion foundation over it but it didn’t help it stick on my skin.
- Did not help the cushion foundation last long either.
- Does not control oil. But it doesn’t claim to anyway.
- Not sweatproof. 💔
I use this on the primer step of my makeup. Sometimes I just use it by itself.
I dispense one pump, spread it on parts of my face and massage it in circular motions like what I would do with a cream.
- Blend fast as it dries down fast.
- For that glass skin look you can get away with using it by itself. But if you have blemishes like angry pimples and red pimple marks, I suggest layering it with foundation or mixing it with concealer.
- Don’t apply too much as it will only make your makeup slide around.
- Apply an oil control primer before this product.
- Give it time to sink in the skin before applying other makeup products.
- Dust some setting powder on the oily parts of the face.
It may not be sweatproof nor made my cushion foundation plaster on my skin, but the effect that it gives without chunks of glitter or looking oily and the way that it faded specially when used by itself is good enough for me. Plus I love the bottle haha. 😜 Thank you for reading today’s post! 💙 What are your thoughts about this product? Let us know down the comments! 💙
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
More Primer Shenanigans:
- Missha Layer Blurring Cover Primer Pore Cover.
- Catrice Prime and Fine Nude Glow Primer.
- Beauskin Misaekyeon Lovely Shimmer Facial Make-up in Berry Pink.
- VDL Expert Color Primer for Eyes in Serenity.
- Holika Holika Naked Face Balancing Primer.