Last Sunday with my unboxing post, I showed this new addition to the Petal Velvet collection from Althea Korea, the Petal Velvet Sunaway!
Shield your skin from the sun’s rays and give it some petal protection with Althea’s Petal Velvet Sunaway! Ultra lightweight, this invisible sunscreen is formulated with hyaluronic acid and Damask rose extracts, ensuring that your skin stays fresh and hydrated throughout the day without any streakiness or a white cast. It has an SPF of 50+ and PA++++, so your skin’ll be kept protected all day. As part of the Petal Velvet line, it also contains micro-powder particles that give you a smooth, petal-like complexion.
Smells strongly of Peppermint and Lavender.
Milky texture. Very lightweight.
It’s packaged in a plastic rectangular tube and it has a shaker inside.
- The packaging is simple yet durable and comes with a shaker ball in it that is very helpful with mixing the product evenly and I appreciate that.
- The cap has a locking mechanism which is awesome to avoid over twisting it.
- The smell is quite strong at first, but disipates after application that leaves a hint of lavender smell. After it has completely dried down though it smells like water. I really love it.
- Texturewise, it’s very liquidy and lightweight. Felt like lotion actually.
- Very easy to blend and apply.
- It did not ball up.
- Non-comedogenic, no irritations even on my pimples and it doesn’t feel hot on the skin.
- It doesn’t feel sticky at all.
- My skin absorbed it immidiately.
- No oily film left on the surface of my skin even when I was sweating.
- Yes, it’s sweatproof!
- Travel friendly, it’s compact but has 55mL of product.
- The tube is full. It was upright and I gently squeezed it to see how much air was in it but the product came out instead haha!
- It’s waterproof!
- There is no whitecast or tone-up effect.
- It has a matte finish but at the same time it made my skin look glowing and healthy.
- It filled in the large pores on the sides of my nose.
- No flashbacks! Yeah!
- Some oil are present on the second hour nothing too shiny. BUT after that nothing.
- No oil problems for the rest of the day.
- It kept my skin looking fresh up until I got home, I didn’t even want to remove it haha!
- The smell. It smells refreshing, but it’s just too strong at first so if you have sensitivity to scents you need to be aware of this.
- I find it odd that if applied minimally it sort of made my skin feel tight and dry but when applied liberally it feels moisturizing.
- There is no cooling effect.
- When it’s too hot be aware that product might squirt out after opening even if it’s upright LOL! Mine did.
- My cheek area felt tight and a little uncomfortable.
- It did not smooth out my smile lines.
- After the 4 hour mark my forehead and the sides of my nose feels so tight and dry.
- So they aren’t oily but they feel so dry LOL! That oil control is powerful 😆
- It did not blur out my large pores.
Used as an overall face primer under a luminous base:
- It surprisingly made my lumi base stop
transferring even while I’m sweating!
- For some reason it helped the base become more luminous.
- I applied it at 12:30 in the afternoon, I fell asleep at 17:00 and woke up around 23:58 my eyeshadow was gone but my foundation was still there nothing rubbed off, no oily t-zone. That was really cool 😆
- Oil control is awesome! No oils coming through at all. 😱
- After two and a half hours my forehead felt so tight and dry 😞
I use this right after my moisturising cream during the day as my last step of skin care.
After shaking it thoroughly, I squeeze out a small amount of product and apply it on my skin like I would with a moisturizer working in parts because it dries really fast.
- Shake well before use!
- I strongly suggest to hydrate your skin well before using.
- Work in parts as it dries down fast.
- Squeeze gently, the container is full to the brim which is awesome.
- If the scent is too strong for you I suggest dispensing it on your palm and rubbing them together then pressing your palms on your face instead, this way the scent won’t be as strong as it originally was.
Overall I love the product and I highly recommend it if you have problems with looking for a sunblock that isn’t hot on the skin or that would not dry out your skin and further irritate your problematic skin.
Thank you Althea for sending this my way! 💙 Please don’t stop making this.
That’s it for today! Are you excited about this product? What are your thoughts about it? Let us know down the comments! 💙
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
Disclaimer: This product is gifted to me, but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.
More Althea Mania:
- Althea 2017 haul.
- I am now an Althea Angel!
- Althea Exclusive: Real Fresh Skin Detoxers.
- Althea Birthday haul.
- Althea Petal Velvet Powder Pink Lavender.
- Unboxing: Althea Petal Velvet Collection.