Today I’m excited to share with you this new-ish cushion that came out. It’s from a Korean brand called Elujai. They produce inexpensive skin care products that can compete to high end brands. I said new-ish because this is a second version of the original cushion foundation and it has been a hit since the upgrade of the formula and shade. Although many Korean brands had been expanding their shade range, this brand currently only has two.
One of my sisters will share her thoughts today about this product too! Yay!
Semi matte summer cushion foundation.
Long lasting coverage.
Smells like floral shampoo.
It’s packaged in a red and black cushion case with a small faux crystal in the middle. It looks fancy.
- Since it’s a cushion foundation it’s easy to apply and blend.
- The packaging looks beautiful.
- It’s buildable and does not ball up when applied too much.
- It’s very lightweight it felt like I had nothing on ny skin.
- I would say that it has a high light to low medium coverage.
- It dries down to a semi matte to dewy finish.
- For the large pores around the sides of my nose it did a great job filling those in.
- It had a blurring effect.
- The finish is beautiful it makes the skin look really nice even with minimal blending skills.
- It wasn’t itchy or anything. Great even for sensitive skin.
- It doesn’t look cakey even when adding more layers.
- What I really like about it is that when applied, it sticks closely to the skin. It doesn’t move around when I tried to add another layer even when I started sweating.
- It’s definitely waterproof.
- At one point I came home and needed to clean all the kitty litters and I was sweating and just wiping my face and I thought it would be gone after I finished the chores but it was still there and my face still looked fresh kinda so that’s great.
- I noticed that the longer it stays on my skin the more it looks natural in terms of skin tone.
- Packaging looks fancy.
- Easy to apply.
- My skin looks brighter and lighter.
- Shiny finish.
- Does not make me feel oily.
- It made my skin look flawless.
- Did not feel drying.
- Covered the redness of my pimples.
- It did a good job covering my pimples and pimple marks but the really red ones still show through.
- When my upper lip and forehead started sweating I could see the foundation start clumping like little sweat balls, but when I wiped it away the foundation didn’t get wiped off entirely with the sweat. It was still there but I can definitely see that it faded a bit.
- It doesn’t control the oils on my nose, but doesn’t just disappear either.
- It does transfer.
- The darkest shade is lighter than my skin tone. Probably 2 shades lighter but the undertone isn’t bad so it doesn’t look weird. Then again, I’m two shades darker than my normal skin tone since I was walking under the sun during summer.
- Speking of undertone, I have a strong yellow undertone, this is a little bit pinkish.
- It clings on and emphasizes dry skin.
- No cooling effect.
- I’m not a fan of the quality of the packaging. It’s not sturdy.
- On days that it’s just too hot and I start sweating before I even apply it, it transfers like crazy and has a bit of a hard time to stick on the skin but when it does it sort of stays.
- It emphasizes and clings on dry areas of the skin.
- It still transferred even after using a setting powder on top.
- Oil control is 3 hours tops. It’s sad.
- The shade is too light.
- The smell is not likeable.
- Very hard to control the amount dispensed by the cushion.
- Imperfections were very visible by the end of the day.
- Enhanced dry parts of the face.
- Does not cover under eye discoloration.
On the foundation step of makeup. Hehe.
Apply directly on the skin. Press and blend away. Add another layer for more coverage.
- Moisturize and hydrate your skin well. Use a sheet mask beforehand!
- Don’t press down too hard on the cushion because the cushion is full and it’ll dispense a lot.
- Apply in thin layers so you won’t look patchy and uneven and it will dry faster.
- Dust on setting powder to really make sure it won’t transfer.
In my opinion this is a great cushion foundation in terms of the finish and how it adapts to the skin color. I just think that the way it held itself even when sweating and how it doesn’t move around is the best parts of this cushion foundation.
What are your thoughts about this product? Tips you can share with us? Share them! 💙 That’s all for today 😊 see you next week!
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
Alex’s Skin Type:
Dry skin type, flakey areas around the chin, cheeks, and nose. Uneven skin tone on the chin and cheek areas.
More complexion reviews:
- Laneige Pore Control BB Cushion
- Beauskin Misaekyeon Invisible Pores Facial Foundation
- A’pieu Triple Wear Foundation
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
- Dr. Jart+ Premium Blemish Balm