Happy Saturday! Today I want to share with you about this pigmented powder that I got during my Birthday haul. It is an Althea Exclusive which means you can’t get it anywhere else and its limited edition special during their 3rd birthday celebration. I was curious about it since it has a purple-ish, pink-ish pigment and well it was cute haha!
Brighten and smoothen your skin with this special formula containing pink and purple pigments to liven up dull complexions. Its super fine particles help keep sebum at bay without drying out the skin for fresh, petal-like skin while its calming scent soothes the senses. Keep your makeup looking great all day or dust some on to stay shine-free!
Smells faintly of lavender.
It’s in a metallic lid and transparent plastic body. It also comes with a frocking puff.
- The packaging is simple but chic.
- It had a faint scent of lavender that goes away after application.
- The powder was super fine.
- Non-comedogenic yay!
- I only needed a little amount of powder for the face and neck.
- It didn’t change the finish of my cushion foundation.
- Helped the current cushion foundation that I use with being oil free for hours and be more transferproof than how it is by itself.
- It did not leave my face looking cakey.
- I couldn’t feel it haha! Like I didn’t put anything on my face it’s so lightweight.
- The pigment in it helped my foundation look more natural on me. This is a great plus.
- It did have a brightening effect.
- It doesn’t emphasize the redness on my skin.
- It doesn’t emphasize the dry parts of my skin.
- Used by itself it did not feel drying on the skin.
- There is oil control, but it only lasts for 5-6hrs. Which is fine with me personally.
- When sweating it did not clump on any part of my skin.
- Did not settle on smile lines, fine lines, dry patches of my skin.
- Oh and no white cast!
- It’s only 3 grams.
- It sort of blurred my large pores, but not all.
- It’s limited edition 🙁 sucks cause the pigment is very useful.
- It does not cover or tone down the red pimple marks on my face.
I use it as a setting powder/color correcting powder.
I tap a small amount on the lid and use my powder brush to swirl it around and pat lightly on my face and neck.
- Use small amounts!
- If you want to reapply, blot your face first to remove any sweat or oil build-up.
The fact that it helped with making my foundation look more natural on me because of the pigment in the powder and that it doesn’t change the finish of my foundation are the greatest of its characteristics. But its limited edition 🙁 they should just keep this a staple in their collection. Or if they had it in a bigger size with a big ass frocking puff that would be awesome.
That’s all for today 😊 I hope you found something useful hehe. Share your thoughts in the comments section! See you next week!
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
Disclaimer: These products are gifted to me, but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.
More Althea Mania:
- Althea 2017 haul.
- I am now an Althea Angel!
- Althea Exclusive: Real Fresh Skin Detoxers.
- Althea Birthday haul.