Hi! Today I want to share with you this review on a product I got for my birthday haul from Althea Korea.
When I was chilling out looking at the little bumps on the sides of my nose after several minutes of applying this product I noticed there where white things on my skin. I shrugged it off as some lint maybe from my towel. Turns out my face started shedding all whiteheads everywhere even those that I couldn’t see on the mirror. Some looked like they were pulled out by magnet just standing on top of my skin. Others were falling on my hair. It was a sight to see like I had dandruff on my face haha! Yeah I know it’s gross..
Fine particles are absorbed quickly and moistly without stickiness to maximized the effect.
Takes care of skin surface, pore, dead skin, sebum and blackhead without irritation for soft and silky skin.
Removes dead skin cells softly overnight and soothes skin by moisturizing.
Smells like an oitment. My brother said it smelled like a stale custard.
Feels like an ointment.
Looks like an ointment.
- The smell, texture, packaging, and the way it dries down is exactly like an ointment.
- The packaging has a safety seal and it’s very easy to dispense.
- Travel friendly. Yes yes yes!
- I appreciate the fact that they even printed the directions on the tube. If I didn’t know any better I would think this is medicine. Then again Betasalic is medicine 😑 what is wrong with me?!
- As the product says it’s normal to feel prickly or tingle sensation since it’s the way the formula works on the skin, but it doesn’t hurt or anything just feels like
- I scrubbed my face then it goes away right after.
- It dries down fast.
- No oily residue.
- Not oily or matte or shiny finish. Like I said, ointment haha!
- Very easy to apply it doesn’t ball up.
- It did not make my face oily after a couple of hours.
- After an hour it started pushing out small whiteheads out off my forehead it’s so cool.
- After waking up I noticed my pores were all wide open, but after I washed my face all those open pores were sooooo tiny I could barely see them.
- It definitely dried my smaller pimples overnight, the deeper ones came to head, and the forming ones stopped altogether. That’s amazing.
- Day 2 and I can tell that the little bumps on my skin started to lessen specially those around the nose.
- Day 5 hormonal acne were present, but very few came out and was not flaring up unlike the usual and my skin is visibly smoother although the acne marks are still there.
- The cluster of pimples on my cheeks needed 2-3 days before completely drying out.
- For its price it’s not so bad. You get 30mL for it.
- Not much on the “OMG MY SKIN CHANGED OVERNIGHT” no no nothing like that, but hey my skin was neglected for a month cause of being sick so it needs to do a lot of things!
- The small bumps on my chin area are still thee, I don’t think they won’t be going anywhere anytime soon.
Use only at night during the essence step.
I dispense small amounts and apply in circular motions on areas or all over the face.
- Night. Time. Only.
- Use sunblock in the morning. Always.
- Don’t use any other BHA or AHA or exfoliants while using this as it will overload the skin and cause more damage.
- I also suggest using it in small amounts at first until your skin is used to it then you can add more if you feel like you need it specially on those painful ones.
- Use a hydrating cream after as it can feel drying.
- Please wipe your hands before application of another product because I stupidly didn’t do it as I applied my hydrating cream and now my eyes feel stingy.
- Also don’t apply on or near the eye and mouth area this product isn’t joking around dangit my eyes are watery haha I’m so screwed.
- Make sure to wash your face in the morning even if you (like me) sometimes feel a bit lazy and just want to stay in bed.
- I highly recommend that you wash your face with warm water in the morning.
I’m already loving the way it’s like an ointment and 30mL isn’t such a bad deal. This might be a staple now for me for my “medication” for pimples haha! I think they should print out those folded information paper to complete the medication feel of the packaging. I’m sorry you’re probably tired of me pointing out of its ointment features, but it’s so entertaining for me haha! It is a medicated ointment after all.
Seriously though I would recommend this to anyone looking to get rid of those tiny bumps and for quick pimple treatment on those really painful clusters of pimples.
Share your thoughts and tips for this product! ❤
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
Disclaimer: This product is gifted to me, but all thoughts and opinions are honest and are my own.
More pimple fighting products:
- CosRx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-sol
- Natural Pacific Fresh Herb Origin Serum
- NACIFIC Fresh Herbal Origin Serum
- Comparison Between Fresh Herb Serums