Hi there! I’m finally back in the city. I have been in the province for summer and I’ve been sick a lot so I apologize for not being able to be around here again mostly. Since it was summer and the heat isn’t playing along well with my skin, I decided to get one of these sunblock in oil form.
This product is by Tonymoly and I haven’t encountered a product quite like it, so I have been testing it out and eventually fell in love with it. I gave a bottle to my mom and she loves it as well!
Our 5 in 1 Multi-Use Sun Oil is truly magic in just one drop! Get impenetrable protection from the sun with its SPF 50+ PA++++ formula while also hydrating, soothing, priming, and nurturing the skin. Use underneath makeup as a primer for a hydrated, dewy skin finish or mixed into your daytime skincare. Our oil-based sun protection goes on light and clear which means no ghostly white cast, no sticky residue, and no dreaded greasy feeling, so feel free to build up your sun protection while also hydrating your skin to achieve perfectly natural, healthy-looking skin!
Comfortable to use on all skin types, our sun oil is formulated with an unusually light texture, making this oil easily buildable and more quickly absorbed into the skin than an ordinary face oil.
Flower Oil Complex (Calendula, Rose, Raspberry Seed Oil) – Works together to soothe, hydrate, and brighten the skin.
It smells so wonderful. Like a floral perfume but so very subtle.
Very oily and runny.
It’s in a clear glass bottle with a glass pipette and a thick white rubber dropper.
- Packaging reminds me of TFS OIO which I love.
- What I love about this is that it’s full up to the base of neck and the whole pipette is also full so there’s really a lot of product there you’d forget it’s only 30mL!
- It has an okay oil control on a really hot day 5 hours tops, in cool weather though oil control lasts the whole day.
- The claims of brightening and hydrating are real. 👍
- It feels so luxurious it reminds me of Nuxe dry oil and it feels like a dry oil too. 👍
- Like what it says, 2 drops is most definitely enough for the entire face and another for the neck. So a little goes a long way which is really good since it’s only 30mL a bottle. 👍
- It’s transparent so there is no worry for any white cast or white residue. 👍
- The smell is pleasant. A subtle floral perfume scent. It’s quite relaxing. 👍
- Easily absorbed by the skin.
- It did not cause any adverse reactions on my skin.
- Did not clog my pores.
- As a face oil it is very lightweight, non-greasy and great with oil control.
- As a sunblock it feels rather cooling on the skin kinda like reflecting the sunlight feel to it.
- It made my skin feel soft and velvety.
- I enjoy using this as it keeps my face bright even if I’m under the sun all day.
- Pricepoint. For 30mL it’s pretty pricey.
- When used a little too much, the excess product isn’t absorbed by the skin and it just sits on top of the skin moving around it feels weird.
- Not travel friendly packaging.
- Hard to find from where I live at least.
- Used as a face oil/sun block it accentuated the large pores on my nose.
- Makes my skin oily when I apply underneath a moisturizer that has an oil ingredient.
On the last step of my skin care in the morning I use two drops on my face and one on my neck.
Apply 1-2 drops on bare skin, mixed into makeup, or added into other skincare products for added sun protection and hydration. Can be reapplied throughout the day as needed.
TIP: Massage 1-2 drops into hair so hair can be conditioned and protected from harmful UV rays.
- Always clean the outer rim after usage.
- Keep the bottle upright at all times.
- Try to use small amounts and layer it to avoid wasting product.
- On first use the pipette randomly releases a drop I don’t know why, but look out for that.
- Trust Tonymoly when they say use 1 to 2 drops because seriously I tried 3 drops and not all of it was absorbed by my skin it just left a thin film of oil it was not great feeling. For me at least I don’t enjoy that.
- After application on the skin, use the remaining oil on your hair. It makes it really soft.
- I highly suggest to drop the product on your palm this way when you rub ur palms together it will help warm up the product and it is easier to blend it on the skin rather than dropping directly on the face.
- Wait at least 3 to 5 minutes then blot the face with tissue to remove any excess and lessen the radiant look.
It’s such a great face oil but Tonymoly said it can only be used during the day since it has sunblock in it. If you are looking for a face oil and a sunblock I recommend this product.
Have you tried this amazing product? If not, I highly recommend this one! What are your thoughts? 💙
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.