Hi there! Serum day saturday again. I have done a review of the original version of this product Natural Pacific Fresh Herb Origin Serum before (review here), but like I said the company changed it to Nacific along with packaging changes and some extra goodies thrown in the bottle, but still stingy. They are also launching a new line from what I’ve read.
Although the stinging sensation isn’t that horrible, the more I use it the lesser damage my skin is then the lesser the stinging occures. Eventually, hopefully, when my skin is all restored to an extent, the stinging stops as promised by the product. But then why am I even posting this? Well I want to know the differences of the original formulation and the new formulation and I want to share them with you. I will be making a new post some time after with a tabulated comparison for easier… comparison. 😬
Made with natural ingredients.
Improves skin health & minimizes pore.
Enhances dermal elasticity & helps antioxidative activity.
Less sticky feel to it compared to the original formulation.
Suitable for acne troubled skin.
Lemon, Lime, Orange, Apple mint.
Camellia, Water lily, Chrysanthemum, Myrtle Bee Tree.
Lemon grass, Turmeric, Basil.
Smells like lime and lemon.
Watery texture. Barely any oil feel to it.
It’s now in a frosted tube like plastic container, taller than the original packaging, but the same black rubber dropper and plastic pipette. The box have also been changed and now it doesn’t have a thick cardboard inside it’s box.
- Now that the packaging has been changed to plastic, it is a little bit more travel friendly although I do miss the glass packaging.
- Compared to the old one the oil layer looks lighter, I don’t know if that matters but I’m here to give information.
- It did not cause any adverse reactions to my skin.
- No tingling, burning or prickly sensation at all.
- The consistency makes it feel like it’s a toner it’s so lightweight.
- It absorbs fast in to the skin. 👍
- Made my skin feel velvety. 👍
- It gave my skin a subtle glow.
- It also made my skin feel so soft. 👍
- Immediate effects: ✔brightening, ✔pore tightening, ✔moisturizing.
- Long term effects – ✔brightening, ✔pore tightening, ✔less blackheads, ✔no more whiteheads, ✔tighter skin.
- Has a semi-matte finish
- It dries out pimples after 2 days. 👍
- I still have some oil production going on on my nose but compared to before there’s barely any and I’m happy with that!
- Is it me or the oil and water components of this new formula separates faster than the old one?
- It lessened the appearance of pimple marks after 7 days of constant use.
- For some reason when I’m spreading it out it gives this gummy feel I don’t know how else to explain it.
- It’s okay with pimple prevention. Except for hormonal pimples.
- Still popular so still expensive.
I used this during morning and evening skin routine.
After toner I apply this directly to my skin and spread it evenly. I use cream afterwards.
- Do not use on any area with wounds. So if you have a pimple that have been popped or extracted and is still healing, keep the product away from it.
- You gotta shake ’em to mix ’em!
- Finish with sunblock when using in the morning.
- Try not to drop the bottle.
- Use small amounts so as not to waste product.
- Don’t get it in or near your eyes.
For reference before:
My skin is combination type, sensitive, oily T-zone and the sides of the nose and eyelids, enlarged pores, acne-prone, cystic and cluster acne problems, acne scars, uneven skin tone, redness, dehydrated skin.
My skin is combination type, sensitive, acne-prone, cystic acne prone, acne scars, redness, and dehydrated skin.
I have to say this one is great in so many ways, but if it’s pimple prevention and control I’d stick to my CosRx A-sol (review here).
- Onsaemeein Galactomyces 100%
- Onsaemeein Bifida 100%
- Benton Fermentation Essence
- Natural Pacific Fresh Herb Origin Serum