Hi! Today will be a quick review on a product regarded by so many I just needed to see if it would work on my dry, chapped, discolored lips. Presenting to you Glossier Balm Dotcom in Rose!
A hydrating, long-lasting, multipurpose lip balm and skin salve that’s packed with antioxidants and natural emollients to nourish and repair dry, chafed skin. The dense, waxy texture stays in place to seal in moisture wherever it goes. Opt for Original, or choose from five mood-enhancing flavors: Birthday(inspired by Milk Bar’s famous cake, with subtle shimmer), Rose (with a barely-there pink tint), Cherry (with a sheer, juicy red tint), Mint, and Coconut.
Sublte smell of roses.
Very creamy and smooth texture.
Outer packaging is I assume made up of recycled paper since the texture of it feels like it, the product packaging is a rubbery plastic squeeze tube with a small twist cap. Looks exactly like medicated ointment.
- The smell is really nice it reminds me of rose candies.
- The tube is full to the brim.
- Package wise it’s very easy to use and travel friendly.
- The product itself is very smooth and lightweight. Reminds me a lot of ointments.
- Easily smoothes all over the lips.
- It’s absorbed pretty fast. It doesn’t just sit there.
- The feel to it reminds me of Canmake lip serum but it’s not glossy. (Review here)
- There’s a very sheer pink tint to it.
- A little does go a long way.
- It made my lips very soft.
- I don’t like the taste. It’s er.. not nice.
- There was a little oil separation at first probably due to heat.
- It kind of smoothed out the tiny wrinkles on my lips.
- Does not help my dark lips.
- Used small amounts overnight kind of hydrated the lips but the outer skin is just dry.
- I have to reapply every couple of hours or so throughout the day.
Massage on dry parts on the body, cuticle, or dry lips.
I only use this for my lips. On clean dry lips, I use a very small amount and smooth it over gently massaging it on to the lips.
- Use before starting your skin care so the product has time to be absorbed.
- Use a little bit more amount than you would usually put as a night lip mask for soft lips in the morning.
- Exfoliate before use.
- If using throughout the day I suggest cleaning your lips first before reapplication specially when having oily drinks or food.
I’m not exactly excited about it, but it’s a great pick me up for chapped lips plus the convenient ointment looking packaging helps a lot. Have you tried any of the balm dotcom variants? Did you like them or not?