Hello there! Today’s post is about the collaboration made by L’oreal Paris and Balmain Paris.
They’ve released 12 limited edition shades that are divided into “tribes” from fierce statement shades to everyday feminine shades. Plus a beautiful packaging. The set comes in this super sexy black box like packaging with a gold emblem, which I didn’t get because there were only 4 shades that I would personally use and it’s a waste of having all of them and not use them. I love the black box though wish they can be bought separately. So enough yapping.
For the first time, L’Oreal collaborates with Balmain to create a range of exclusive couture matte shades of lipsticks, designed under the creative direction of Olivier Rousteing himself. The L’Oreal Paris X Balmain Paris Lipsticks are divided into three color themes, representative of the three tribes of L’Oreal Paris X Balmain Paris femininity: Glamazone, Couture, and Rock.
Accessible beauty meets high fashion
Indulge in the richest matte colors with intense hydration and comfort
Feminine, edgy, couture – these shades are exclusive only for a limited time
Rich matte color
Smooth, creamy feel
It smells the same like their Color Riche Nature’s blush. That fruit bubblegum smell.
It’s fancy looking marbled and shiny gold design, and black and gold designed tubes. There is another that comes in blue marbled and gold design. Although the marbled part is just printed on. Made me sad.
- The packaging looks really nice and fancy like some high end tube.
- It goes on smoothly even on dry lips 👍
- Feels very lightweight.
- On application it feels so creamy.
- Awesome pigmentation for both Confession and Fever. 👍
- The smell isn’t that strong and it goes away after a while.
- Fever and Confidence covered the discoloration around my lips. 👍
- It leaves a sheer stain on the lips.
- Confidence is a “rose gold metallic” shade it’s pretty nice and gives a subtle sheen on the lips.
- Fever is “red orange” but if you use it as a stain it looks like carrot. Don’t know why. 👍
- Confession is a “peach” but on my discolored lips it’s a little more pinky peach but peach regardless and I’m loving this shade. 👍
- It doesn’t bleed on fine lines.
- It’s a bit drying on the lips.
- Sits on the lines of dry lips, but it’s not so bad looking.
- It’s expensive.
- The marbled part of the tube is just printed on which is sad.
- The packaging is a little thin like their other Color Riche Browns.
- My Couture tubes, the black one, has this hole on the side 😐 annoying. I asked the sales lady if all the black tubes has it and she checked and said yes. ANNOYING.
- Not transferproof of course.
- After having coffee and Pringles it’s just gone 😂 but hey it never said it’s super long lasting right?
- It makes my teeth look so yellow lol!
- It accentuates lines on dry lips.
- It’s really not comfortable on dry lips. Yeah it’s lightweight, but it’s just weird on dry lips.
- Out of all three that I have Confidence was the one that I can’t use by itself unless I use a lip liner underneath it that will actually show the rose in it.
- When I applied one layer and blotted it on a piece of tissue paper it’s almost disappeared on the lips. Like I wiped it off.
Apply like you would normally do with your bullet lipsticks.
From what I have Fever and Confession are just one swipe and you’re good to go.
- Exfoliate and moisturize thy lips!
- For a fancy looking carrot colored pout, I blot my lips after using Fever and then I lightly swipe on Revlon’s Street Chic Gold Goddess.
- Confidence can also be a lipstick topper, but not easily used if the lipstick you are covering is also in cream finish because it’ll just wipe it off.
- It’s just easier for everyone if your lips are plump. Yeah. Sad. 😆
Well that was a rollercoaster LOL but I love the peach and the red orange shades and they surely are a keeper. I did love the rose gold one but it’s a little hard to use specially cause my lips are discolored. I do love the concept behind it, it would’ve worked better if they released custom shades for each of those shades they have like for example Confidence shade custom made for light, medium, olive, and dark skin tones I think it would’ve been better but then it would probably be more expensive to produce. Overall it was a so-so experience and I have mixed feelings about this specific collection. Kind of a let down on some aspects but I got two wearable beautiful shades for my skin tone.
Did you experience this limited collection from L’oreal Paris? What did you think about them? That’s it for today see you next week! ❤