Hi! How was your Valentine’s Day date? It’s Saturday again and I’m back with a review. Today will be about primer. I’m super excited to share about this product!
I wanted something to color correct my skin tone because I have a strong yellow color and I had a really annoying experience when my A’pieu Triple Wear would look kind of ashy on me so I thought a color correcting primer would help at least lessen the pinkish tinge of it on my skin. I found this product and wanted to give it a try.
It took a lot of effort not to open this after several months lol.
Holika Holika Naked Face Balancing Primer is a multi-colored balancing formula that improves your complexion! Using the three colored petal shaped blending method, it contains green, peach, and violate hues to help make your skin tone even, and perfect! Contains dual hyaluronate acid, with moist TF mixture to give your skin a healthy, and silky glow!
- Even Skin Tone
Balancing Primer with color blending method
Green (Green Tea) – Make your skin clean & clear
Peach (Rose) – make your skin tone up
Violet (Lavender) – make your skin more gorgeous
It has this weird kinda floral smell but it dissipates right after putting it on and the more you use it the more the smells becomes nicer? 😆 I don’t know but I love the smell now.
Liquid like texture.
Frosted airless pump with white nozzle. That’s a plus.
- It did not cause any irritations.
- It goes on smoothly. Very easy to apply. 👍
- It’s very lightweight. It feels like I applied a watery moisturizer 👍
- It feels moisturizing.
- Hygienic since it has a pump.
- Great when storing because of the airless pump packaging. 👍
- It brightened up my complexion instantly. 👍
- Looks very natural using by itself. 👍
- It did not clog my pores. 👍
- No flashbacks! 👍
- It helped smooth the smile lines around my mouth.
- My skin looks smoother in general.
- It gives a natural glow.
- It softens the look of my skin.
- It helped my foundation stick well. 👍
- It lessened the strong yellow tone of my skin 👍
- Using with foundations it helped by not letting it set on fine lines and smile lines.
- It’s a multifunction cosmetics. Wrinkle care inculded! 👍
- It kind of blurred the enlarged pores around my cheek area.
- It lessened the redness of my pimple marks, but not entirely.
- I didn’t get to properly blend it and let it absorb on my nose area one time, I looked at the mirror and my nose looked like it was dusted with highlighter. It didn’t look bad but I’m not sure if I like it. Some of you might.
- When I touched my nose some of it came off, I thought it was oil but it wasn’t. My fingers looked like it came in contact with a luminizing liquid with fine shimmer particles. It was mezmerizing I was staring at it for a long time I think the kids beside me got scared lol!
- But even if it is not transfer resistant, it doesn’t fade. Pretty cool.
- For someone on a budget it’s a little bit pricey. But for the product you’re paying it’s worth it.
- It’s hard to find. Seriously.
- Did not cover my dark circles.
- Not transferproof.
- It accentuates the appearance of whiteheads.
Used with A’pieu Triple Wear:
- It did not cause reactions.
- It did not help the foundation with clinging on dry patches.
- Did help (a little) with the ashyness that I get from this foundation.
- It helped wearing this foundation become more comfortable since this particular foundation feels drying.
- Small amount of oil on the nose after two hours.
- 4 hours after application, oils on the nose are apparent and needs blotting.
- After 5 hours other parts of the face were still semi-matte, except for the nose.
- Apply after skin care.
- Pump on the back of your hand and mix the colors and the primer fluid itself.
- Use your fingers to apply. If you use a brush or a sponge you will just waste a lot of products. We don’t want that now, do we?
- Mix the primer on the back of your hand before applying and blending on the face to male sure all the colors are well distributed.
- Make sure that you have exfoliated and moisturized before using this.
- Use small amounts, for my case one full pump is more than enough for my whole face and half my neck.
- Do not use too much. It will make you look ashy and it will cause flashbacks.
- To add to that, it will really transfer even with slightest touch.
- If you prefer a semi-matte finish, dust mattifying powder after.
- If you want to use a foundation product, use this primer first and wait for a couple of minutes for the skin to absorb it significantly. This is will help the product stick to the skin and not move around specially when applying a liquid foundation.
All in all, I love how I can use this product by itself for a natural glow and soft focused skin. Not to mention the brightening and moisturizing and skin tone evening. Good job Holika Holika!
My skin is combination type, sensitive, oily T-zone and the sides of the nose and eyelids, enlarged pores, acne-prone, cystic and cluster acne problems, acne scars, uneven skin tone, redness, dehydrated skin.
That’s it for today! Thank you so much for stopping by ❤ Have you tried this product? Any thoughts about it? Let us know down the comments!