Heyyyy it’s Saturday again and I’m back for another chat with you! I’m so sorry for being all MIA, I had a really bad flu 😦 but I’m feeling better now 😀
Today it’s about Maybelline’s eyebrow pomade. I bought this along with another one (dark brown) but that one is for my boyfriend’s mom 🤓
Sculpts and tints brow in two steps.
This eyebrow gel sculpts and tints with the sculpting ball brush.
Smells strongly of alcohol and chemical. Smells like Sharpie actually. Kinda made my eye tear up.
Like mascara. Formulation isn’t thick at all.
- The circular part of the wand makes it easy to coat eyebrows.
- First of all the packaging. I love it cause it’s black. It looks sleek.
- Even though there are things I don’t like about this product, I like that it’s pigmented. 👍
- It coats all the hair. It seriously doesn’t budge. 👍
- It’s waterproof. 👍
- It’s fairly easy to use I can say that.
- It gives the impression of a well-groomed, defined eyebrow.
- I like the color. It’s a nice color, not too brown.
- It wasn’t itchy or anything, just the smell ugh.
- I’m not a fan of the smell. It lingers.
- When I was putting this on it made my eyes water. I guess the smell wasn’t the only thing that’s strong. 👎
- 2 coats I got away with, 3 coats it became patchy and hard to blend. 👎
- When I was taking it off with micellar water there were fallouts 😐
I don’t know. The smell and the eye stinging put me off. I mean if you can get past that then you should try this for a nice defined (not sharp and cut) brow.
Build brow by brushing in light, upwards strokes from the inner to outer corner.
Follow along the natural brow contour.
Finish by sculpting the brow from the inner to outer corner.
For a more dramatic look, use a darker shade.
- When removing this product, soak a cotton pad with micellar water or makeup remover and let it sit on the brows for a minute and wipe away gently.
- Try to get as small amount of the product to the circular part of the wand so it won’t sting your eyes.
- Don’t just swipe it on the brow. Work in parts as this will be easier and it will coat everything, you won’t have to go back in and coat again.
Oh well, even if I don’t love this product a hundred percent I think it does its job. I’m gonna try another brand and see if it works better for me. If this works for you then that’s awesome! This, I guess, is the start of my eyebrow pomade hunt! 🤔 (I don’t even know why I’m messing with my eyebrows. Maybe I like to change its color.)
That’s all for this week! Thank you so much for stopping by ❤
What are your thoughts about this product? Share it down on the comments!